MBAA District Midwest Scholarship Application Guidelines
The 2019 Scholarship Application Period is now open. All District Midwest members are eligible to apply. The deadline to apply is September 30th with the award being announced at the Fall Meeting, on November 23, 2019 at Great Lakes Brewing Co.
MBAA's mission is to assist the brewing industry in continually improving their processes and products by providing and communicating technical information and innovation through the provision of professional development and support. As part of that mission, District Midwest has established an annual $1,000 scholarship to provide funds to an individual(s) furthering his/her knowledge and understanding of our industry's malting, brewing, and packaging fields. The funds awarded can be applied to course fees, tuition, book and material purchase, or other associated costs relating to furthering the applicant's education.
The District's Scholarship Committee will determine the amount to be awarded and the annual winner(s). Awarding of the annual scholarship will be made at a predetermined District Midwest meeting.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, an applicant must be a member in good standing with District Midwest, obtain the endorsement of two members of District Midwest, and complete the application process by addressing the following:
- Name of the applicant.
- Date of the application.
- Permanent mailing and/or e-mail addresses.
- Date of membership in District Midwest and any other MBAA District, if applicable.
- Educational background.
- A synopsis of employment history within the past 1-3 years with considerable detail given to positions related to brewing, malting, packaging, or associated businesses.
- A summary of any special achievements, honors, or recognitions received.
- A description of how the applicant became interested in our industry.
- A summary of the applicant's goals within the industry.
- The details of the specific expense for which the funds are being sought and why it is felt the applicant and/or District will benefit from the experience.
- The names of two current District Midwest members who support and endorse the applicant and their application. (Letters of recommendation from endorsees is not required but helpful!)
The applicant can send the completed application to Chris Davison on the Scholarship Committee via e-mail at email@example.com with "MBAA Scholarship" in the Subject line. Please send in the form of a Word document or PDF.
After scholarship funds are awarded, the recipient is expected to submit a written summary or deliver a verbal presentation (5 minutes) describing their education experience, detailing how he/she benefited. The summary is to be presented at an MBAA District Midwest meeting.
Any misrepresentation on an application or supporting documentation will disqualify the applicant from receiving scholarship funds.