"... the course was amazing! I learned so much and met so many great people in the brewing industry... Thank you once again for such a fantastic opportunity, I am forever grateful."
Golden Road Brewing
(2019 Walt Powell scholarship recipient to the Brewing and Malting Science course)
Master Brewers Scholarship
Master Brewers members in good standing are eligible to apply for the Master Brewers Scholarship. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition to the following courses: Brewing and Malting Science, Brewery Systems Technology and Maintenance, and Brewery Packaging Technology.
Visit the Scholarship Provisions page to see if you qualify.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
Cargill Craft Malt Scholarship
North American Brewers Association Scholarship
Walt Powell Scholarship
was passionate about great beer. As cofounder of Flix Brewhouse, he brought to life the only first-run cinema microbrewery in the world and made it an over-the-top success. Creative and innovative, Walt conceived of Firkin Fest, which brought together a dozen craft breweries from across Texas for an amazing day of great beer and great fellowship. Walt was a founder and administrator for Rate Beer, an Internet community of lovers and critics of fine beer. He was a fixture at beer festivals and events across the country and was an active member of numerous craft beer social and trade groups. In honor of Walt, this memoriam will help other aspiring beer enthusiasts make great beer.
How Easy is it to Get a Course Scholarship?
District Lottery for Discounted Master Brewers Course Registration
District application forms are due December 31. Only current District Officers may submit an application.
All Master Brewers Districts are invited to enter a lottery drawing for a discounted registration rate for district scholarship winners planning on attending the following course:
To participate in the discounted registration rate with the districts awarding scholarships:
- Review the 2020 District Seat Process document.
- Only a District Officer may fill out the online application.
- Persons selected from the districts must be active professional members in good standing with the Master Brewers .
- By submitting an application, your District is agreeing to fund 75% of the total course registration fee for your scholarship recipient.
Eligibility for Districts
Nine discounted registrations per year will be available from Master Brewers .
- The districts willing to participate will have their names put into a hat.
- The maximum of three slots will be chosen for each course. One person per course per district will be awarded the discounted registration.
- The names of the districts will be pooled together and drawn at least 8 weeks prior to the course start to enable the Master Brewers to reserve a space for them if necessary.
- Districts receiving the discounted registration rate will be notified by January 31.
Scholarships Awarded By Districts
Additional scholarships offered by Districts may also be available. Contact your local District on scholarship availability and eligibility requirements.