The Master Brewers Rocky Mountain District wants to help fund your educational endeavors! Every month, up to $500 in funds is available to one or two applicants.
In order to be considered for a District Rocky Mountain scholarship fund, the applicant must submit an explanation (no longer than 2 paragraphs) of the specific educational material/course and how they hope they can apply it to their future work. Applicants must be a member of the Rocky Mountain District in good standing, with at least 1 year of district membership. Apply via e-mail to Rob Schwarz (email@example.com) with "MBAA Scholarship" in the subject line.
2022 Master Brewers Brewing and Malting Science Course Scholarship Details, Eligibility and Requirements
All members in good standing with one year of tenure in District Rocky Mountain are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is set up to provide full reimbursement of the
Brewing and Malting Science Course registration fee ($3,799). The course begins September 9, 2022 and ends October 21, 2022. Reimbursement will be made after receipt of proof of the scholarship recipient's full paid course fees. In order to be considered for a District Rocky Mountain scholarship, the applicant must complete a scholarship award application. Apply via email to Rob Schwarz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "MBAA Scholarship" in the subject line and include the following:
- Name and date of application
- Permanent mailing and email addresses
- Beginning date of membership in District Rocky Mountain
- Educational background from high school completion through the present. Include fields of study if applicable.
- A synopsis of employment history within the past 3-5 years with considerable detail given to positions related to brewing, malting, or associated businesses.
- Special achievements, honors, or recognitions received
- A description of how the applicant became interested in the industry and how she/he got to where she/he is
- One to two personal references within the District, with contact information, who are willing to attest to the applicant's commitment to the industry and the District's goals and objectives.
- Deadline to receive applications is 11:59 MST on
Wednesday, August 24th.
- The applicant is expected to collaborate on a district presentation within a year of course completion.
- Any misrepresentation on an application or supporting documentation will disqualify the applicant from receiving scholarship funds.
The Hoppy Grandma Scholarship
Carmen Duran was an amazing woman. She started as a bootlegger during prohibition and then when she was 100, she started going to local breweries in New Mexico. The brewing community embraced her for the next two years. She became the Hoppy Grandma of the New Mexico brewery scene. The Duran family decided that the best way to say thank you to this amazing community is through this scholarship fund. Details and eligibility are as follows:
The Hoppy Grandma scholarship is available to Master Brewers - Rocky Mountain District members in good standing. This scholarship will provide up to $3,000 towards tuition costs for up to three applicants. Scholarship funds can be applied to any brewing relevant course at the discretion of the selection committee. Applicant to complete the following and submit to email@example.com:
Statement describing their passion for brewing
Statement describing how beer is a part of your life
Recommendations from two (2) Master Brewers Professional Members that describe how the applicant demonstrates their passion for the art and science of brewing
Master Brewers - Rocky Mountain District board, with input from Carmen McClelland representing the Duran family, will be responsible for recipient selection.
Visit the organization webpage for more details: