2021 MBAA Brewing and Malting Science Course Scholarship Details, Eligibility and Requirements
All members in good standing with one-year of tenure in District Rocky Mountain are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is set up to provide full reimbursement of the Master Brewers Brewing and Malting Science course registration fee ($2,499). The course begins October 31st, 2021, and ends December 17th, 2021. Reimbursement will be made after receipt of proof of scholarship recipient's full paid course fees.
In order to be considered for a District Rocky Mountain scholarship the applicant must complete a scholarship award application. Apply via e-mail to Rob Schwarz (email@example.com) with "MBAA Scholarship" in the subject line and include the following.
- Name and date of application
- Permanent mailing and e-mail addresses
- Beginning date of membership in District Rocky Mountain (Invoice history can be found on the "My Activity" tab of
your member profile)
- Educational background from high school completion through to present. Include fields of study if applicable.
- A synopsis of employment history within the past 3-5 years with considerable detail given to positions related to brewing, malting, or associated businesses.
- Special achievements, honors, or recognitions received
- A description of how the applicant became interested in the industry and how the applicant got to where they are.
- One to two personal references within the District, with contact information, who are willing to attest to the applicant's commitment to the industry and the District's goals and objectives.
- The applicant is expected to collaborate on a district presentation within a year of course completion.
- Any misrepresentation on an application or supporting documentation will disqualify the applicant from receiving scholarship funds.
- Applications are being accepted through September 14 at 11:59 p.m. MST.