Broadcast Date: March 17, 2022
This webinar will describe hazards, safety requirements, and best practices related to the movement and storage of materials in a brewery facility. Employees working at breweries are subjected to various hazards including lifting heavy items, operating vehicles and industrial trucks such as forklifts, and working around these items as pedestrians.
This webinar will provide not only safety requirements but practical tips that can quickly be used to reduce risk.
Attendees will learn:
- Material Handling Safety Equipment Safety Requirements
- Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs)
- Forklifts and Powered Pallet Jacks
- Manual Material Handlers
- Pedestrian Safety in vehicle areas
- Loading and Unloading materials from trucks and trailer
- Best practices to keep guests and customers safe
- Safe Storage of Materials
- Additional Resources
About the Presenter
Wicked Weed Brewing
Andrew Dagnan is the Director of Safety and Sustainability at Wicked Weed Brewing in the Asheville, NC area. Andrew is a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager and holds a B.S. Environmental Health Sciences from East Tennessee State University. With 10+ years of experience in the safety and environmental fields, Andrew serves as a member of the Master Brewers Association’s Brewery Safety Committee to help improve safety in the brewing industry.