Brewing with a Social Mission - Bringing Peace through Prosperity | Master Brewers Webinar
Broadcast Date: June 15, 2021
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM CentralRegister
TRU Colors Brewery has a unique, closely-knit mission to unite gang rivals and decrease violence by providing job training and career paths. The heart of Tru Colors powerful mission revolves around DisruptU – an 8-week onboarding program for active gang members that focuses on Business skills, social skills & the 4 CORE which is personal development:
Attendees will learn the following:
- Develop an understanding that we are a product of our upbringing, biology, and societal pressures.
- Develop an understanding of Self-Compassion.
- Rid of limiting beliefs.
- TRU Colors Brewery is a leader in a new type of brewery in the evolution of our industry – brewing good beer and beer that does good.
● How mission, vision & values should align
● The case, the company, the conversation over a cold one, the connection, and the close.
● Why does Redefining IMPACT Matter
Khalilah "KO" Olokunola
Khalilah "KO" Olokunola is currently the Chief People Officer for TRU Colors, a for-profit brewery with a social mission to unite gang rivals & decrease violence in Wilmington NC & in cities across the country. In this position, she is the force behind defining a company culture that drives both personal and professional growth. She oversees all people aspects of the business that also includes Recruitment, Training & Development, Sustainable systems & HR Strategy. KO is a passionate advocate for workplace diversity, inclusion, and second-chance hiring. She is an accomplished author, speaker, and coach.