Master Brewers Scholarship
Master Brewers members, with a minimum of two consecutive years of Master Brewers membership are eligible to apply for the Master Brewers Scholarship. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition to the following courses: Brewing and Malting Science, Brewery Engineering and Utilities, and Brewery Packaging Technology.
Visit the Scholarship Provisions page to see if you qualify.
Deadlines for Master Brewers Scholarship:
- Brewery Packaging Technology Course: February 5
- Brewery Engineering and Utilities Course: June 15
- Brewing and Malting Science Course: August 1
North American Brewers Association Scholarship
Provides a $1,000 scholarship to Master Brewers members to go towards the tuition for the Master Brewers Brewing & Malting Course.
Walt Powell Scholarship
Provides an annual scholarship to Master Brewers members to cover full tuition to the Master Brewers Brewing & Malting Science course, plus a travel stipend of up to $1,000 to the awardee.
was passionate about great beer. As cofounder of Flix Brewhouse, he brought to life the only first-run cinema microbrewery in the world and made it an over-the-top success. Creative and innovative, Walt conceived of Firkin Fest, which brought together a dozen craft breweries from across Texas for an amazing day of great beer and great fellowship. Walt was a founder and administrator for Rate Beer, an Internet community of lovers and critics of fine beer. He was a fixture at beer festivals and events across the country and was an active member of numerous craft beer social and trade groups. In honor of Walt, this memoriam will help other aspiring beer enthusiasts make great beer.
District Lottery for Discounted Master Brewers Course Registration
District application forms are due December 31.
All Master Brewers Districts are invited to enter a lottery drawing for a discounted registration rate for district scholarship winners planning on attending the following course:
To participate in the discounted registration rate with the districts awarding scholarships:
- Review theDistrict Seat Process document.
- Fill out the online application. Persons selected from the districts must be active professional members in good standing with the Master Brewers .
- By submitting an application, your District is agreeing to fund 75% of the total course registration fee for your scholarship recipient.
Eligibility for Districts
Nine discounted registrations per year will be available from Master Brewers .
- The districts willing to participate will have their names put into a hat.
- The maximum of three slots will be chosen for each course. One person per course per district will be awarded the discounted registration.
- The names of the districts will be pooled together and drawn at least 8 weeks prior to the course start to enable the Master Brewers to reserve a space for them if necessary.
- Districts receiving the discounted registration rate will be notified by January 31.
Questions? Contact Master Brewers Program Manager, Linda Schmitt.
Scholarships Awarded By Districts
Additional scholarships offered by Districts may also be available. Contact your local District on scholarship availability and eligiblity requirements.