April 23 - May 5, 2017
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Strengthen your technical knowledge of brewery packaging operations. This two-week course will take you through all phases of the brewery packaging process. More than 30 topics are covered in-depth!
This course is perfect for professionals working in or supporting the brewing industry who are interested in increasing their overall effectiveness on the job. Those new to the industry will also gain a quicker start to success with the information and background provided in this comprehensive course.
Read the full course description here
To be put on the waiting list, please mail/fax the registration form with payment to:
Master Brewers Education Registrar
3340 Pilot Knob Road,
St. Paul, MN 55121, U.S.A.
Master Brewers Member: $4,345
Course + Membership: $4,487
By registering for the Brewery Packaging Technology Course, you guarantee that you are 21 years of age or older.
- Educational materials
- Accommodations at the class site (Check-in on April 23, Check-out on May 5)
- Two meals per day during instruction times
- Opening and closing banquets
- Glass Bottle Manufacturing and Quality Control
- PET Bottles for Beer Packaging
- Two-Piece Aluminum Can and End Manufacturing
- Microfiltration of Beer
- Beer Filling Technology
- Small Canning Lines
- Can Seam Quality Control Methods
- Bottle Crown Manufacturing and Crowning Operations
- Single-Valve Keg Packaging
- Bottle Labels
- Labeling Operations and Troubleshooting
- Package Inspection in the Brewing Industry
- General Principles for Packaging Line Design and Control
- Package Department Maintenance Best Practices
- Packaging Microbiology
- Bottle Washing, Tunnel Pasteurization/Pasteurizer Maintenance
- Palletizing & Depalletizing Operations
- Principles of Packaging Department Cleaning and Water Treatment
- Overview of Multipack Paperboard Production and Multipackaging Machinery
- Uncasers and Drop Packer Machinery
- Conveyors—Types, Uses, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
- Maintaining Product Quality and Uniformity
- Modern Package Coding Technology
- Packaging Quality Assurance
- Food Safety and HACCP
- Beer Flavor Training and Effects of Packaging Materials on Beer Flavor
Master Brewers Course Scholarships are available. View eligibility requirements and apply online
. Deadline to apply is February 5, 2017.
Only the first 55 applications accompanied by the tuition fee, paid in full (US funds only), will be accepted. Course tuition includes educational materials, breakfast and lunch on days of instruction, opening and closing banquets, and accommodations at the Lowell Center. Cancellations received by Master Brewers Headquarters on or before March 17, 2017, will be issued a credit equal to the registration fee, less $100 processing fee, which will be good for two years toward any Master Brewers continuing education program. Notices of cancellation after March 17, 2017, will not be eligible for a refund or credit. Master Brewers reserves the right to cancel the course if a sufficient number of registrations are not received by March 17, 2017. If Master Brewers cancels this course, your registration fee will be refunded in full. In the event Master Brewers cancels this course, Master Brewers is not liable for nonrefundable airfares or ticket change penalties imposed by the airlines. By registering for this course, you agree to the cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
Master Brewers Association of the Americas
3340 Pilot Knob Road
St. Paul, MN 55121