August Schell Brewing Company - May 12, 2010
Meeting Minutes of District St. Paul/Mpls Meeting
May 12, 2010
- Technical Committee:
The Midwest Technical Conference is scheduled for November 12-13 and is to be held at the Summit Brewing Company. Technical Committee members as of 5/12 were: Chris German, Rebecca Jennings, Mike Miziorko, Chad Thompson and Nancy Schmitz.
- Scholarship Committee:
It has been resolved that no scholarships will be offered in 2010, the goal is to allow the Scholarship Fund to grow so that the District can offer Scholarships in larger amounts for 2011.
- The invitation to the membership for the Summer Social was reiterated as were the details of the social.
- The Brewing Summit (joint ASBC and MBAA national conventions) was mentioned, it will take place from 6/15-6/20 with the MBAA portion taking place from 6/17-6/20
- The Brewing and Malting Science course hosted at the University of Wisconsin from 10/31-11/11 was also mentioned.
- The next District meeting was scheduled for Weds. 8/11 2010 hosted by BASF
BASF requested a change of date and venue to Thurs. 8/12 and to Canterbury Park as a result of the strict BASF alcohol policy, also to provide the membership with an opportunity to enjoy the horse races following the meeting. Tours of the BASF facilities will still be available from 4-5 PM. A presentation will be made by BASF
- The November meeting will be held concurrently with the Midwest Technical Conference on Friday November 12th and will be hosted by the Summit Brewing Company
- A motion to adjourn the meeting was made, 2nd and approved
- A technical presentation on Bio-Glucanase TX and its effects on lautering and filtration was made by John Andrew of the Rahr Malting Company
- A wonderful Steak dinner, provided by the August Schell Brewing Company, followed the meeting.