New in 2015 – MBAA Technical Course Scholarship
Two scholarships to cover the full tuition costs of attending either of the MBAA’s courses in Brewing and Malting Science, Brewery Packaging Technology, and Brewery Engineering and Utilities are available for two individual professional members with a minimum of one year of membership within the NCMBAA District. Individuals interested in this scholarship should contact the District’s scholarship chair for more details as certain deadlines apply. (Please see the National website for more details on the MBAA courses.)
MBAA National Conference Scholarship
A single scholarship of $1000.00 is to be awarded to a qualified NCMBAA professional member for use in attending the MBAA Annual Conference in Jacksonville, Florida, October 7-10, 2015.
General Scholarships ($920 available in 2015)
All District members in good standing, or those who have applied for membership with payment at the time the scholarship application is submitted, are eligible to apply for all or a portion of these funds. The scholarship is to provide reimbursement of fees or associated costs relating to the applicant's furthering of his/her knowledge and understanding of malting, brewing and packaging. The funds awarded to the applicant can be applied to any expense related to his/her educational experience, including but not limited to, course fees, travel and meal costs, and book purchases.
You must state the specific reason you are seeking funds. Awards are only to be used for the stated purpose.
If the award is for a course, proof of completion of the course is required before payment is made.
Receipts for books or other tangible articles bought with scholarship funds are required for reimbursement.
You may be asked to make a presentation about your scholarship funded experience to the membership.
Any misrepresentation on an application will disqualify applicant.
Please answer all of the following questions for review by the scholarship committee.
Answers are best if short and complete.
1. Date of application, your name, and contact information including address, phone number and e-mail
2. Current MBAA member (membership #, chapter and year joined) or indicate current application with payment sent
3. Education: Please provide education history from high school to present including fields of study and future plans
4. Scholarships applied for or received, please include the year awarded
5. Employment history for the past 5 years, including employers, dates and duties
6. Experience/employment related to malting, brewing and packaging
7. Explain why you are interested in the field of brewing and the path that got you to where you are today
8. Describe what specific expense, including cost, you are requesting a scholarship for, and how this is
relevant to your career
9. List one current MBAA member who endorses you as an appropriate person to receive a scholarship
10. List two personal references who understand your commitment to this industry, including name,
address, and phone or email
Email your applications in the body of an email only or any questions to:
Application deadline is March 31, 2015