Headquarters has a number of services that are available to Districts. These include:
Member Information & Administrative Services
To help Districts keep up-to-date on their membership, Cheryl Kruchten, MBAA member relations specialist, sends the following information by e-mail to District leadership.
- Complete membership rosters are sent to District leadership on a quarterly basis but may be requested at anytime.
- A list of new members is sent during the first week of the month following the month that the membership application is processed. (Example: The first week of February the list of new members from January is sent.)
- Special lists are sent as requested; list of e-mail addresses only, roster of members of multiple districts to be used to promote joint meetings, etc.
- Cheryl is also available to assist Districts with some of their administrative tasks.
- District Officers Updates: Please send your new officers and BOG representatives including terms to Cheryl Kruchten for posting to the website and other reports.
- Elections: Headquarters can handle your District elections by using our software program. Election ballots are sent via e-mail to those with e-mail addresses and mailed to those who don't have e-mail.
- Awards: Headquarters can produce your District's awards. Please send your requests one month prior.
- MBAA logo artwork: Contact Cheryl for a copy of the logo along with usage guidelines.
District Communication & Website Services
District Websites: MBAA.com uses a content management system to create pages. It provides Districts the ability to access their website pages, and add and update content directly. A training overview is available in a PowerPoint presentation for district officers. District sites may only be edited by district officers. Any technical issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MBAA Communicator & District Communication: Let MBAA staff help you communicate District events by submitting event information into The MBAA Communicator the association's e-newsletter, sent monthly. Among other services, staff can send targeted e-mails out to members about upcoming MBAA District meetings.
Online District Meeting Registrations
A new district offering, that can now be handled by MBAA headquarters, is the availability of online district meeting registrations. A streamlined system, connected directly to MBAA’s database, allows for easy credit card transactions for online registrations. This service is fee-based, depending on complexity of the meeting, contact Bam for an estimate. To ensure availability in plenty of time for your event, please allow at least six weeks to process and activate this feature.
Recruitment of New Members
Did you know that the number one reason new members join MBAA is because someone suggested it? MBAA Districts have the unique opportunity to establish relationships with colleagues in their area, encourage them personally to join, and follow up with them. MBAA has resources available to assist you with recruiting new members. Contact Kayleen Larson to discuss upcoming plans, request membership materials, or give valuable feedback.
District Recruitment Tips:
- Encourage current members in your District to bring a colleague to an upcoming meeting.
- Refer colleagues to MBAA.com for information about the association. Forward copies of The MBAA Communicator to potential members and include a personal invitation to an upcoming District meeting.
- When guests attend your District meetings, make sure to personally greet them and find out what brought them to the meeting. This information can be very helpful for finding others like them who may be interested in MBAA.
- Make sure guests receive membership information sometime during the meeting. Personally encouraging them to join is the most effective method of recruitment!
- Follow up with guests to get feedback about the meeting and once again encourage them to join MBAA. Personally invite them to the next meeting.
- Send all guest information to Cheryl Kruchten at MBAA Headquarters and she can provide more information.
- Keep a link to membership information on your District website.
- If you organize an annual meeting, technical conference, or other large event, consider offering an event plus membership option.
- People retain their membership because of personal connections they make to MBAA. Check in with new members periodically and make sure they feel included. Encourage them to volunteer on a committee or for district events.
- Promotional resources available to Districts include:
- Membership applications
- Membership brochures
- Membership benefit sign
If you have an idea of other promotional materials that would be useful to your District, please contact Headquarters and we’ll work together to make it happen.
In an effort to help Districts with banking processes, Districts can have Headquarters handle their bank accounts. District dues collected at Headquarters will be deposited into the savings account. Quarterly statements are sent to the Treasurer to keep them informed of the financial status of the District. Statements are updated between the regular quarterly statements for any meetings the District is having per requests to Kathy.