9a-11:30a: Brewery Tours @ Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Milton, DE (Transportation Not Provided) Last tour begins at 11:30am. Tour duration is ~45 minutes. For GPS purposes use Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Inc for Google maps or iMaps. If using older Garmin or other, use 512 Chestnut Street to get to the brewery entrance.
1p-5p: Technical Presentations @ Atlantic Sands Hotel
Hop Breeding in the Genomic Era - Dr. Paul Matthews (Hopsteiner)
Supply Demand Pressure on World Hop Supply - Don Bryant (Hop Union)
Hop Quality Evaluation and Selection- Tim Kostelecky (Haas)
Quality Systems for Breweries - Ben Chambers (Flying Dog)
Novel Image Cytometric Method for Detection of Physiological and Metabolic Changes in Saccharomyces Cerevisiae - Leo Chan (Nexcelom)
Development of Barley Varieties for the Craft Brewing Industry - Dr. Richard Horsley (NDSU)
Malt Analysis and Implication on Brewing and Beer Quality - Xiang Yin (Cargill)
Up-to-Date Equipment Efficiency - Fred Scheer (Krones)
Water Sources and How the Brewer Can Use Them - Rick Brundage (ChemTreat)
Modification: A Key to Understanding Malt Analyses - Dr. Paul Schwarz (NDSU)
4:30p-6:30p: Hospitality @ Atlantic Sands Hotel
Atlantic Sands Hotel
101 North Boardwalk
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Book by phone using ID 7202 and MBAA Eastern Technical Conference by 2/10/14 to get the following group rates:
$99 single/double occupancy
$114 triple occupancy
$129 quadruple occupancy
Group rates are not available online, you must book by phone.
AREA ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS
There are many areas to eat downtown, near the hotel & within walking distance. Tim recommend the following site for reviews and ideas: www.rehobothfoodie.com
Some of Tim's favorites in the downtown area:
- Dogfish Brewing and Eats. Live free music Saturday at 10. Pub food with beers. www.dogfish.com
- Fins Fishhouse and Raw bar. http://www.finsrawbar.com/ Great craft beers and seafood
- Henlopen City Oyster House. http://www.finsrawbar.com/ Great craft selection
- Stingray Rehoboth http://www.stingrayrestaurant.com/ Sushi and Asian Latina Fusion… go figure
- There are many other great restaurants within 15 minutes also, just ask at the hotel or shoot Tim a note at email@example.com. We are a beach town, so keep that in mind some of our restaurants will shut down for the winter, so call ahead.
EARLY BIRD: $79 MBAA members/$99 non-members by 1/10/14
REGULAR: $110 MBAA members/$130 non-members by 2/10/14
PROCRASTINATOR: $145 MBAA members/$165 non-members after 2/10/14
- Registration fees include: dinner on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday.
- Non-members must click the "create a new account" option at the login. You will not be required to join MBAA.
- Registration can only be submitted online. It is not possible to register at the meeting.
- Registration is nonrefundable (we organize and pay for meals in advance, based on registrations).
- Please report any problems with online registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about the meeting.