Reminder to all Districts to file their 2013 District Tax Return or Form 990.
For more information visit the Governance section.
District Mid-Sout 2014 Scholarship:
MBAA District Mid-South
2014 Scholarship Application
In keeping with the bylaws of the MBAA the members of District Mid-South have chosen to set up a scholarship
Fund to provide funds to members to pursue endeavors for the general benefits of brewing. The funds for theses
Scholarship come from annual dues and are reinvestment in the future of our members and the Industry alike.
2014 Annual MBAA convention
We are offering 1 (one) scholarship to the MBAA Annual convention in Chicago, IL from June 4 – 7, 2014.
The scholarship is $1000 and are available to professional members of District Mid - South.
Application will only be accepted from MBAA District Mid-South members in good standing or from
Individuals who have applied for membership with payment at the time the scholarship application is submitted.
Applications are available online at www.mbaa.com
at our Mid-South page.
You must state the specific reason you are seeking funds. Awards are only be used for stated purpose.
If awarded the payment will be in the form of reimbursement and proof of completion will be required.
If awarded the scholarship, be prepared to explain to membership what it is you gained from the proceeds of your scholarship money. This could either be in person or by letter.
Any misrepresentation on an application will disqualify applicant.
Please answer all of the following questions for review by the scholarship committee.
Answer are best if short and complete.
1. Date of application, your name, and contact information including address, phone numer and e-mail.
2. Current MBAA member (membership #, chapter and year joined) or indicate current application with payment sent
3. Education: Please provide education history from high school to present including fields of study and future plans.
4. Scholarship applied or received, please include the year awarded.
5. Employment history for the past 5 years, including employers, dates and duties.
6. Experience/employment related to malting and brewing.
7. Explain why you are interested in the field of brewing and the path that got you where you are today.
8. Descripe what specific expense including cost you are requesting a scholarship for, and how this is relevant to your career.
9. List one current MBAA member who endorses you an appropriate person to receive a MBAA District Mid- South scholarship.
10. List two personal references who understand your commitment to this industry, including name, address, and phone or email.
Email your application in the body of an email only or any questions to:
DEADLINE IS MARCH 31, 2014
Mark Your Calendars