Master Brewers Districts can offer this two-day course to help brewers understand food safety practices that should be implemented in a brewery to proactively protect the safety of the product and your customer.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a scientific, systematic, and preventive approach to identifying, analyzing, and controlling significant food safety hazards within a food production system from raw material acquisition through consumption of a finished product. HACCP is a regulatory requirement for some food industries and has become a condition of doing business for many parts of the food supply chain. Although HACCP is designed to be very general and does not address the specific details for beer or spirit manufacturing, many breweries have implemented HACCP in their facilities. This course was developed with the assistance of Master Brewers members and is intended to help brewers understand and apply HACCP within their operations. The workshop will also cover the basics of the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) as it applies to the brewing and alcoholic beverage industry.
Join colleagues from the brewing industry and learn how to develop and implement a practical HACCP program within a brewery operation. The course is delivered in collaboration with Ecolab, Inc., and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance. When registering for the course, you can add a voucher valid for one Certified Food Safety HACCP Manager Exam at Pearson VUE testing centers.
What will you learn:
- How to identify and control food safety hazards related to the brewing process, raw materials, ingredients, and packaging
- About Good Brewing Practices
- To recognize the relationship between HACCP and food safety
- The application of HACCP in legislation and Food Safety Standards
- The preliminary tasks and principles of HACCP
- The benefits of HACCP
- How to develop, implement, and maintain a HACCP plan in a brewery
- Training material and instruction
- Certificate of completion with the International HACCP Alliance gold seal*
*Those looking for an additional certification can receive a discounted voucher and instructions to take the “Food Safety HACCP Manager” Certification Exam for an additional $75. The exam is completed at a PearsonVue exam center of your choosing following the class. For more information about the Certified Food Safety HACCP Manager Exam, click
Typical Course Agenda
8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Introduction to Food Safety and HACCP
- Hazards and Beer – thinking outside the bottle (risk of innovation)
- Good Brewing Practices (featuring case studies)
- Hazards and their classification
8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Seven Principles and 12 steps of HACCP implementation in a brewery environment
- How to get started
- Next steps – Food Safety Management systems
- Exam vouchers and instructions
For more information about HACCP, click
Is your district interested in hosting this HACCP course?
Sarah McNamara for more information.