The following preliminary posters are planned for the MBAA Annual Conference:
55. Succeding of fines in spent grain cakes—Truth or legend? Jörg Engstle, Technische Universität München
56. Reduction of hotside aeration by way of a whirlpool paddle in a kettle. David Schroeder, Simatec Impiantibirra
57. The importance of cleanliness—An overview of CIP and COP systems. Aaron Sprowl, M.G. Newell Corp.
58. Real-time PCR: A multipurpose tool to increase quality of craft beer. Markus Fandke, BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
59. Beer monitor basic: A new, economical method for inline alcohol measurement in the brewery. Daniel Gore, Anton Paar GmbH
60. Depletion of ions through freezing concentration for water desalination. Kerstin Rudolph, Technische Universität Berlin
Enzymes, Finishing, and Stability
61. Colloidal stabilization by silica at different temperatures. Kenneth Berg, PQ Corporation
62. Optimized beer filtration with the latest generation membrane filter. Roland Folz, Pentair
63. Pectin: A natural plant derived alternative fining agent for the brewing process. Thomas Kunz, Technische Universität Berlin
64. A laboratory scale approach for the quantification of whirlpool hop utilization. Royce Dansby-Sparks, University of North Georgia
65. Performance analysis of T45 hop pellets usage in late kettle additions in comparison to T90 pellets. Phillip Davidson, S.S. Steiner
66. An overview of hop products for the production of wort and beer. Phillip Davidson, S.S. Steiner
Increasing bitter substance 67. yield by recycling hot trub and yeast washing solution. Thomas Kunz, Technische Universität Berlin
Malt and Grains
68. Determining mash pH from malt measurement. A. J. DeLange, Consultant
Packaging (Bottles, Draft and Cans)
69. Weight reduction of paper based 6-can and 24-can packages. Yusuke Aida, Kirin Company, Ltd.
70. Sensory Identification and prediction of flaw, taint, and contamination causes using machine learning and artificial intelligence on sensory data and bio-chemical and metabolic pathway tracing. Zachary Bushman, Analytical Flavor Systems LLC.
71. Sensory flaw detection and identification through data science and machine learning. Jason Cohen, Analytical Flavor Systems
72. Sensory Panel demographics: What makes a great panel? Sue Langstaff, FlavorActiV Ltd.
73. Sustainable solution for packaging hall conveyer track lubrication. Flavio Reis, Sealed Air Corp.
74. Independence from utility expenses: Generate clean energy and water onsite. Matthew Silver, Cambrian Innovation
Yeast, Fermentation, and Microbiology
75. Developing a B.S. degree program in fermentation, an industrial chemistry approach. William Killian, Ferris State University