The following preliminary posters are planned for the MBAA Annual Conference:
Succeding of fines in spent grain cakes—Truth or legend? Jörg Engstle, Technische Universität München
- Reduction of hotside aeration by way of a whirlpool paddle in a kettle. David Schroeder, Simatec Impiantibirra
CIP pump selection: Shear enjoyment or not so shear? Mark Murphy, CDB Project Services, LLC.
- The importance of cleanliness—An overview of CIP and COP systems. Todd Rausch, M.G. Newell Corp.
Beer monitor basic: A new, economical method for inline alcohol measurement in the brewery. Daniel Gore, Anton Paar GmbH
- Depletion of ions through freezing concentration for water desalination. Kerstin Rudolph, Technische Universität Berlin
Enzymes, Finishing, and Stability
Colloidal stabilization by silica at different temperatures. Kenneth Berg, PQ Corporation
- Optimized beer filtration with the latest generation membrane filter. Roland Folz , Pentair
- Pectin: A natural plant derived alternative fining agent for the brewing process. Thomas Kunz, Technische Universität Berlin
Increasing bitter substance yield by recycling hot trub and yeast washing solution. Thomas Kunz, Technische Universität Berlin
- A laboratory scale approach for the quantification of whirlpool hop utilization. Royce Dansby-Sparks, University of North Georgia
- Performance analysis of T45 hop pellets usage in late kettle additions in comparison to T90 pellets. Phillip Davidson, S.S. Steiner
- An overview of hop products for the production of wort and beer. Phillip Davidson, S.S. Steiner
Malt and Grains
Exploring pH in malt. Andrew DeLange
Packaging (Bottles, Draft and Cans)
Weight reduction of paper based 6-can and 24-can packages. Yusuke Aida, Kirin Company, Ltd.
Sensory Identification and prediction of flaw, taint, and contamination causes using machine learning and artificial intelligence on sensory data and bio-chemical and metabolic pathway tracing. Zachary Bushman, Analytical Flavor Systems LLC.
- Sensory Flaw detection and identification through data science and machine learning. Jason Cohen, Analytical Flavor Systems
- Sensory Panel demographics: What makes a great panel? Sue Langstaff, FlavorActiV Ltd.
Sustainable solution for packaging hall conveyer track lubrication. Flavio Reis, Sealed Air
Independence from utility expenses: Generate clean energy and water onsite. Matthew Silver, Cambrian Innovation
Yeast, Fermentation, and Microbiology
- Developing a B.S. degree program in fermentation, an industrial chemistry approach. William Killian, Ferris State University