MBAA Scholarship Application
To be considered for the Walter C. Powell, Jr. Memorial Scholarship, please upload a file (.doc, .docx, .pdf) that includes:
- Your Resume
- Statement describing your passion for brewing.
- Recommendations from two people that describe how the applicant demonstrates his/her passion for the art
and science of brewing.
- All my answers are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- I am a member of MBAA.
- I have read the provisions Walter C. Powell, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- I understand that this application must be submitted no later than the deadline date below:
Brewing and Malting Science Course Deadline: August 15
To be considered for the MBAA Scholarship and/or the North American Brewers Association Scholarship,
please upload a file (.doc, .docx, .pdf) that includes:
- Your Resume
- Answers to the following questions
- How did you become involved/interested in the brewing industry?
- What are your goals for the next 3 and 5 years? How will this course support those goals?
- What benefits will you and your company/employer gain by you attending this course?
- In a brief, focused essay, express the skills and traits that you feel make a successful team member.
How will you apply the knowledge you gain from this course in a way that exhibits the traits you described?
- List two personal references (include name, address, phone number, and e-mail address) who understand
your commitment to the brewing industry. Explain how each came to understand your level of commitment
to the brewing industry. Ask each reference to provide a one-paragraph summary describing your qualifications.
If neither of your references are MBAA members, then, in addition, list one MBAA district member who supports
you and endorses your application.