September 13–25, 2015
Radisson Hotel Roseville / University of Minnesota
St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A.
Or Print the Registration Form.
Please mail or fax printed forms to:
Sue Casey, MBAA Education Registrar
3340 Pilot Knob Road,
St. Paul, MN 55121, U.S.A.
This MBAA Brewing Engineering and Utilities course will teach essential technical plant operations and design information for plant engineers and maintenance technicians but will also be of great value to any brewer wanting to better understand how their plant operates and how to design for expansion and upgrades.
Tuition Includes Practically Everything!
- Educational materials
- Accommodations at the UW Radisson Hotel Roseville
- Educational materials
- Opening banquet
- Closing banquet
- Transportation between Radisson Hotel and University
The Brewery Engineering and Utilities short course is scheduled for two weeks, but participants are able to register for one week modules.
- Brewhouse and Cellar Design
- Construction Materials
- Electrical Requirements for the Brewery
- Fluid Flow
- Instrumentation Applications
- Materials and Piping System Design
- Motors, Starters, and Drives
- Plant Layout and Design
- PLC Applications and Capabilities
- Programming and Troubleshooting
- Pumps: Types and Sizing
- Safety: Heaters, Disconnects, and Ground
- Sanitary Design for Tanks and Equipment
- Sizing, Steam, and Refrigeration Plants
- Thermal Process Engineering
- Valves: Types and Applications
- Ammonia Chiller Selection and Sizing
- Boiler, Tower, Pasteurizer Treatments
- Chiller and Evaporator Maintenance
- CO2 Collection
- CO2 Distribution Systems
- Compressed Air: Best Practices
- Compressed Air: Equipment Selection and Sizing
- Compressed Air: Operations and Maintenance
- Compressed Air: Systems, Parts, and Pieces
- Energy Incentives
- Freon Chiller Selection and Sizing
- Refrigeration: Systems, Parts, and Pieces
- Solar Power Options
- Steam: Best Practices
- Steam: Equipment Selection and Sizing
- Steam: Operations and Maintenance
- Steam: Systems, Parts, and Pieces
- Wastewater Systems Overview
- Water and Wastewater: Project, Operations, Troubleshooting
Full Two-Week Course
MBAA Members: $4,040
Course + Membership: $4,182
MBAA Members: $2,255
Course + Membership: $2,397
All tuition includes accommodations.
Course Scholarship - Deadline June 1
Only applications accompanied by the registration fee, paid in full (US funds only), will be accepted. Course tuition includes educational materials, breakfasts and luncheons on days of instruction, opening and/or closing dinner and accommodations at the Radisson Hotel Roseville. Cancellations received at MBAA on or before August 1, 2015, will be issued a credit equal to the registration fee less $100 processing fee, which will be good for two years toward any MBAA continuing education program. Notices of cancellation after August 1, 2015, will not be eligible for a refund or credit. MBAA reserves the right to cancel the course if a sufficient number of registrations are not received by August 1, 2015. If MBAA cancels this course, your registration fee will be refunded in full. In the event MBAA cancels this course, MBAA is not liable for nonrefundable airfares or ticket change penalties imposed by the airlines. By registering for this course, you agree to the cancellation and refund terms and conditions. You must be 21 years of age or older to attend this course.
Master Brewers Association of the Americas
3340 Pilot Knob Road
St. Paul, MN 55121