Saturday July 9th, 2011 - Noon to Dusk
Off of Jefferson St.
133 Fitzgerald Park Drive
Grand Ledge MI 48837
- Michigan’s finest brewers will be in attendance celebrating the Brewing Industry
- All the pig and sides you can eat
- Disc golf tournament
- Awarding of the Peter Blum Scholarship
- Auction of industry swag and other items of interest
- Kids 18 and under are free with member
- Tickets for all MBAA and MI Brewers Guild Members and immediate family are $20.00. Non-members are $25.00. Tickets Purchased at the gate will be $5.00 more.
Another Summer Social has come and gone, but this was our biggest and most successful summer social to date. Thank you to all the members who attended, sold tickets, and donated "beer swag" for the event. Thank you to the 100 beer enthusiasts who attended and participated. Once again we were lucky enough to have had such gorgeous weather all day! The annual Grand Ledge Classic Auto Show was ever-present again this year with more cars to show off.
The auction as usual got people out of their chairs to bid and help raise money for the district. Rex Halfpenny (current President) was the commentator again this year for the auction and the raffle. Rex did a great job selling the swag! Congratulations are in order for Todd Parker from Copper Canyon Brewery, he was the winner of the Peter Blum Memorial Scholarship Award (Valued at $3,600). Todd has selected the Brewing & Malting Science course for this fall. The runner up was Alec Mull (Founders Brewing Co.) he will have his next years (2012) dues paid for by the District Michigan.
Planning for the 10th Annual Summer Social will be in the works and tickets again will be available in the spring.