Friday, September 27
- Brewer Set-up 14:00 hr
- Presentations 14:30 - 15:00
Location: Cool Brewing Co.
- Up to 15 participants are allowed.
- Participants Must be a MBAA – Ontario District member.
- Brewers can only use what is in the “Bag”.
- The “Bag” will include sufficient grain, hops, yeast to make 20-25 litres of beer.
- Brewers are to provide Paul Dickey with between 4 and 10 photos of the brewday, equipment etc.
- The brewer must make a presentation at the event. All presentations will precede the tasting
- 10 litres of beer must be made available for sampling at the “Event” (keg or bottle).
- Be prepared and come with all necessary equipment to dispense your beer.
- The brewer will serve his/her beer at the event.
- Judging will be done by MBAA members during the event.
- Entry fee $20.00 CAD.
Materials for this event have been donated by Beer and Wine Filter Hops Direct, Canada Malting, Gilbertson & Page & Mike Driscoll
For the presentation:
- In a short presentation 2 to 4 minutes long, describe how you did it.
- Describe which equipment you used, technical challenges.
- Describe why you chose that beer style.
- Voting on the “brewers choice” award will take place during the afternoon.
- Voting will be for your three favourite beers and a weighted average will be used to determine the winner.
- The presentation of the 2013 “Iron Brewer” award will be made that evening.
Dinner will be at 18:00 hr, The event will conclude by 21:00 hr