Spring Meeting - Hood River Inn, Hood River, OR
Friday & Saturday, May 2 - 3, 2014MEETING THEMES: Safety Practices (Friday) and Barley Topics (Saturday)Location : Hood River Inn
, Hood River, OR: (discounted room rates until Wed., April 9) On-line Registration :
Available HERE (early registration ends Friday, April 11)Itinerary : LINK TO SCHEDULE OF EVENTSMinutes : District Business Mtg Minutes 2014-05-02.pdf
Minutes : Executive_Board_Mtg_Minutes_2014-05-02.pdf
Friday Night Hospitality : Double Mountain Brewing
Joe Casey, Craft Brew Alliance / coming soon
PANEL of BREWERS
Eli Dickison, Barley Browns Brew Pub, Baker City, OR
Darrek Smith, Big Horse Brew Pub, Hood River, OR
Elan Walsky, Coalition Brewing Co., Portland, OR
BONUS WORKSHOP : Beginning Microscopy for Brewers
Presenter : Jess Caudill, Wyeast Laboratories
Friday, May 2 : 9:30AM - 1:30PM
Fees : Class + Microscope: $300; Class w/o scope $50
Location : TBD
A microscope is the first piece of lab equipment a brewery should purchase. Through this introductory class, brewers will learn how to use a microscope and do the following:
• Learn the basics of, and perform serial dilutions.
• Perform cell counts on yeast slurry, pitched wort and fermenting or finished beer.
• Perform viability analysis on yeast.
• Preliminary identification of microorganisms other than yeast.
• Use the information gathered through cell counts to calculate cells/ml and proper pitching quantities
Registraton : firstname.lastname@example.org___________________________________________________________
Event Coordiantor : Christina La Rue / email@example.com