Oregon State University
The theme of the District NW fall meeting, Sept. 28-29, is the Oregon State Univ. connection to the brewing industry. OSU faculty and USDA scientists will present overviews of their work in hop breeding, hop pathology, hops and health, barley breeding, brewing science, and the economics of the brewing industry. Early registration rates apply until Sept. 7.
The conference will take place on the campus of Oregon State University at the LaSells Stewart Center, located across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn and Reser Stadium, home of the Oregon State Beavers football team, and at Wiegand Hall, home of the OSU Fermentation Science program. Make hotel reservations by August 28, 2012 to receive the group rate.
Meeting details are provided on the OSU website.
- Aroma Hop Breeding, Shaun Townsend (1.34 MB)
- Hop Molecular Breeding, John Henning (18.1 MB)
- presenter #3 chose not to share slides
- Xanthohumol and Related Prenylflavonoids, Jan Stevens (1.98 MB)
- Malting Barley Research and Breeding, Patrick Hayes (1.75 MB)
- Fermentation Science at OSU, Thomas Shellhammer (4.88 MB)
- Competition and Price Wars in the U.S. Brewing Industry, Victor Tremblay (853 KB)
- Flavor Chemistry at OSU, Michael Qian (16.5 MB)
- Return of the OSU Cheese, Lisbeth Goddik (18.9 MB)
- Impact of Microorganisms on Wine Quality, James Osborne ;(1.98 MB)