Fall Meeting October 1, 2010 &
New Hampshire Brewfest October 2, 2010
Our next meeting is almost here! We will gather as a district once again on Friday night October 1 for our fall meeting and on Saturday October 2 for the MBAA sponsored New Hampshire Brewfest at Redhook. Our host for this meeting is:
Redhook Ale Brewery
35 Corporate Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
New England District Scholarship Application
New Hampshire Brewfest Brewery Forms
Hotel Suggestions: (Reasonable Options in the Area)
Hampton Inn Portsmouth
99 Durgin Lane, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Anchorage Inn and Suites
417 Woodbury Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ph : 1-800-370-8111
300 Woodbury Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Friday October 1 is the deadline for anyone wanting to apply for the District New England MBAA Scholarship ( I don't know why you wouldn't ). This is a scholarship to the MBAA Packaging Course or the Malting and Brewing Science Course in Madison, WI valued at about $4000.00.
A reminder of the eligibility rules for this scholarship are listed below:
- Be a Professional Member of District New England in good standing and been an active member for at least one year
- Turn in the completed Scholarship Application , including essays and endorsements. Endorsements must be given by an individual with at least two years active membership.
- All materials must be submitted at the meeting on Friday October 1, 2010 to be considered for the Scholarship
- Winner will be announced at the January 2011 winter meeting at AB Inbev in Merrimack.
The Friday October 1 meeting format will follow the following schedule:
4:00 - 4:45
4:45 - 5:00
5:00 - 6:00
6:00 - 7ish
Dinner and Social (Dinner is $15 for Lasagna, Salad and Rolls unless we find a sponsor before the meeting, any of our member industry sponsors interested? Please email me if you are)
We are changing up the technical presentation a bit for this meeting. We will be running a blind tasting feedback panel for attendees.
The format is as follows:
- Attendees bring 3 x 12 ounce bottles of 1 to 2 beers that they want honest, critical, professional feedback on
- Beers to be turned in to the technical committee as brewers arrive and are iced in a separate room
- Tech committee staff pours beers into pitchers marked with a number to preserve anonymity
- Beers served to attendees who are provided with a 3 x 5 notecard to record comments regarding appearance, aroma, flavor, etc
- Tech committee collects cards, organizes and returns to the brewer as they leave the meeting.
So, bring your beers, this could shape up to be lots of fun and very informative!!
Saturday October 2
MBAA sponsored New Hampshire Brewfest at Redhook VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OUR DISTRICT AND SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
If your brewery hasn't signed up to participate in the fest, complete the registration form , insurance certificate and NH Brewfest info sheet .
Whew, I think that's it for now. As usual please RSVP to me firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get an accurate head count for Redhook. Don't forget to fill out your scholarship apps, sign up to volunteer for the fest, and join us for a great time!!