"Old-Timers" and "Drag a Colleague to Dinner" Night
Malteurop- Milwaukee Plant
3830 W. Grant Street, Milwaukee WI
District Milwaukee General Meeting and New Membership Drive
Meeting Cost: $25/person
25 year members FREE!
Please make your dinner reservations by Monday, May 17th. Contact John Kretsch at 414-357-8515 ext. 106 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reserve your meal if you plan to attend. We must be able to give an accurate head count to the caterer, especially if a colleague will be joining you for dinner that evening. (New member thing - details below.) If your plans do change - contact John Kretsch.
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE RULES AND REGULATIONS - THE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Invite a colleague, co-worker or associate to the District Milwaukee General Meeting and Dinner.
- Guest must be associated with the industry in some capacity - brewing, vendor, sales rep., etc and interested in MBAA.
- The guest will receive a free meal for their attendance and interest. (And, be handed an application at the door.)
- Family and friends are excluded from this offer, unless they are working within the industry as mentioned above.
- The guest's name and affiliation must be given at the time of the dinner reservation for accurate recordkeeping.
- Please reserve your guest's dinner as walk-ins may miss out - makes for a bad impression... (Don't want that!)
- Again, reservations due by Monday - May 17, 2010.
Schedule of events:
Hospitality at Malteurop
District Milwaukee Business Meeting
Technical Program Presentation:
Speakers: Joe Thorner (Plant Manager - Malteurop) and Dan Kopman (Co-Founder - Saint Louis Brewing, Co.)
Topic (Joe Thorner): "From Froedtert to Malteurop"
Joe will present the history of the Milwaukee plant and an overview of the current refurbishment project.
Topic (Dan Kopman): "HR 42 78 - Federal Excise Tax"
Mr. Kopman will explain the Brewers Association's actions and efforts to get HR 42 78 passed, which will effectively lower the Federal Excise Tax in half for small brewers across the country.
Dinner and Lively Conversation
District Milwaukee will also be conducting the “Drag A Colleague To Dinner Night“ Membership Drive during the May 20th meeting at Malteurop. Invite a colleague, co-worker or associate and their dinner will be “on the house”. This offer is only available to those involved in the industry who are interested in learning more about our organization. A full set of rules will be included in the next meeting notice e-mail. (They are few but important just the same. Please take time to read them when they arrive. Thanks!)
Brochures and MBAA applications will be available throughout the evening. We hope to see you there!!